Hello everyone! Thanks for taking a look at my blog! Make sure to read my MY STORY:AFRICA to get a full understanding of my mission to South Africa!!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Story!

I am Ashley Statt and I am a senior at Bourgade Catholic High School. I have some exciting and amazing news to share! I have been involved in my church parish at Ss. Simon and Jude Cathedral and this year I was selected in taking part in the adult mission.  This summer, we are traveling to South Africa to build a home for a family in Post Aparthied Johannesburg!

Being involved in charitable works of mercy is something extremely important to me; it is a part of who I am.  Going to Africa this summer is an opportunity for me to live out my Catholic faith in an incredible way.  Everyone lives differently but helping others is a part of who we are as humans.  When I went on previous missions, I saw happiness and true life before me. I saw that people do not have to have the same color skin, speak the same language, or have the same culture to connect with each other.

To be able to participate on this mission in Africa, I must raise funds for the cost of the airline ticket, food, transportation while on the ground, lodging, and the building materials.  I need to raise a minimum of $3,200.00 in order to guarantee my spot.

The purpose of this blog is to update everyone who is supporting me! I am trying to fundraise money by selling some of the art that I create! Your welcome to contact me with any questions or comments! Thank you so much![:

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment